Perhaps it's the downturn of the economy coupled with the collapse of the housing market. Maybe it started with 9/11 and the personalization of terrorism on our shores. Possibly it's the culmination of our culture saying that everyone is free to determine their own version of the truth because there is no ultimate truth.
We have sown the seeds of a society where there is no ultimate truth, reaping a harvest of insecurity, addiction and violence as desperate people fail to fill the “holes in their soul.” Millions are listening to the ever present bombardment of self-help consultants and gurus, telling them the falsehood that the answer lies within. They direct us to grovel in worship at the feet of the unholy trinity; “me, myself and I.”
Whatever the reasons, there is one thing that nearly everyone agrees on – we live in a broken world and people are crying out for answers - real answers to the real problems of life.
While “self-help” is eagerly accepted almost without question, a “God-help” alternative is joked at and jeered. Some negativity towards a God-centered approach has been well earned, as people only see Christians as caricatures of negativity and pride. Many Christians live within a religious and cultural bubble hidden away from the daily bombardment and routine experienced by their friends, family and neighbors.
The time has come for a fresh voice and message that points people to the “root cause” of our “brokenness” and towards the ultimate solution. A set of rules or principles is powerless to change us. Now is the time for fresh thinking and a fresh approach to telling people about their brokenness and the need for a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That's where GLAD Associates comes in.
Mission and Vision
God has given GLAD Associates a unique vision and mission to reach people with the believable good news about Jesus Christ.
Mission – Using very unique and practical communication styles based on live and digital media, approach the issues and heartache that people face with the solution focused solely on a relationship with Jesus Christ as the answers to our greatest need.
Vision – Jesus Christ so changes lives that people live differently and with new priorities to the point that they openly share their lives with others.
The Mission and Vision of GLAD Associates are supported on four foundational principles:
- Content and Communicate – All answers are based on the Bible, the authoritative Word of God. When we take direction from God, we are able to give creator-based solutions, and not just peer-based suggestions. The Bible is the foundation that can stand the test of time and the storms of life.
- Culture and Connect – Information, stories, problems and solutions are all set within the culture in which we live. Just like it makes no sense to speak a foreign language that is not understood, we must communicate in a way that resonates with the people and our culture. It must speak to and from within our culture, connecting with people in a deep and meaningful way.
- Change and Challenge – We must do more than give out information or suggestions, we need to issue a two-way “pull-push”. The “pull” is towards God, His desires, goals and good for our lives. The “push” is away from those who would harm and destroy us, diverting us from the greater good for our lives and benefit.
- Comfort & Compassion – While there is a place for confrontation, most people respond best to the “comfort” from the good news of Jesus. Instead of having to “earn” God's love and attention, the good news shows how God initiated the relationship and paid the horrific price for our restoration and reunion with Him. This gives great comfort to us, and demonstrates God's compassion for us.
GLAD Associates engages with people, providing meaningful ways to learn about our brokenness and need for ongoing renewal and renovation through Jesus Christ. These engagements are “expressions” of the Mission and Vision for GLAD Associates. These “expressions” come in two basic delivery methods to meet the focused needs of people and schedules:
In person presentations and meetings
- Sunday School class
- Mid-week meeting
- Small group sessions
- Half-day seminar
- Weekend retreats
- Sermon series
- Outreach and evangelism meetings
- GladAssociates@gmail.com – Email, Facebook & Twitter
- GladAssociates.blogspot.com – Blog
- GladAssociates – YouTube
With the Mission and Vision of GLAD Associates to be culturally relevant and timely, specific “expressions” will be added and changed over time as important topics appear.
There are three important steps and decisions that you can take;
- First – pray that God would lead and open doors for GLAD Associates to share God's solution for our brokenness through Jesus Christ.
- Second – direct GLAD Associates to specific needs and opportunities where we might serve you, fulfilling our vision and mission.
- Third – reach out to those you know who need a resource like GLAD Associates, passing on information and a personal short note from you.